Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dream Log Entry: 11.19.10 "Help From The No One"





This is the run-down of a two part dream from the other night. I fell asleep early, woke up in the middle of the night, and went back to sleep again...only to wind up in a continuation of the first dream.


Part I:

I could hear them. Lots of them. Hundreds maybe. I could see a crowd of people swarming around me like bees  united for one central cause - yet they almost seemed to be transparent. I felt like I could have reached out my hand to them, and it would have went straight through their bodies.  Did they really exist?

No matter. They were all pleading to me. Women, children, men, old and young all gathered around me. I was surrounded; the center of an endless circle of people. People who were vocalizing their problems, no less.

"I can't understand you when you're all speaking to me at once," I tried to reason with them.

The voices grew louder and louder. I wasn't hearing them with my ears. I noticed instead that I was hearing them in my mind. Every last one of them. Not only did the voices originate from the people surrounding me, they seemed to also stem from people in other places in the world.

My head was throbbing with congestion from the scattered noise. I tried to focus my mind intently enough to pluck only one random voice out.

"Please help us..." I managed to make out amid the static. The statement came from a sickly looking middle-aged man. I wanted to help them. All of them, in fact...but at the moment I felt powerless. There were just so damned many of them.

"But I'm no one... " I whispered back in response.

I cupped my hands over my eyes and shrank into myself, "And I don't know how... "

The voice came to me, saying: This is what it's like... but fear not, for your light's much brighter than you realize. 


I woke up.



Part II


I saw them again. The same crowd. This time, they were smiling as they swarmed around me. They seemed to all be holding items in their hands.

"This is for you," the same sickly man from before said to me as he handed me a bundle of onions, beans and other vegetables.

"Thank you," a small child said to me as she handed me a bowl of fruit.

"I can't accept this. I don't know what I did..." I was confused. I had been there in the prior dream, returned to my own reality upon waking, and then returned here....to the same people...the same setting... though, in a continuation of the story somehow.

"You helped us," one of them said.

"Give her time. She doesn't know yet..." another stated. He was an elderly man. Blind-looking.

"At least take these then..." the sickly man (who actually wasn't sickly looking anymore) said to me, as he handed me some beans held together in a bag that resembled a fishing net. "I think you might like them."

I stared at them. They looked familiar. Where had  I seen them before?  I immediately knew that they were magic beans the second he handed them to me. . . but what kind of magic did they do?

"Yes, I think I will take these. Thank you so much." I bowed my head to him and the rest of the crowd.

Enter the voice: It will come to you. . . Sow the first seed. 

I woke up. . . again.

My dreams make me wonder who I truly am beneath this Kim suit, deep down at the core...

- kj

No comments:

Post a Comment