Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dream Log Entry: 10.13.10 "Him, The Underground & Lift Offs"



Here are my dreams from the past few days, or rather as much of them as I am able to recall this far after the fact. Should've documented them sooner. There are pieces missing, I'm sure. But even the most minute particles of memory hold within their fragmented selves a thread of validity to contribute to the quilt.

A'ight. The rundown, as concise and bare as possible:



10.11.10
Him again. We talked. I have no idea what about. "I'm testing your strength and staying power..." he said. That's all that stands out.

10.12.10
Me and a group of friends (of which he was a part of) were trapped in a dark tunnel underground. The number 50 stands out. I don't know why. 50 feet under the earth, I think.

As we maneuvered through the tunnel, it started to resemble an abandoned, dimly lit parking garage - each level presenting us with a different obstacle to surpass. Someone asked, "How the hell will we ever get out of here?" No one knew. No one offered a response.

I noticed a huge crack in one of the walls, and as I examined it more closely, I noticed that it formed a pattern...a shape of some kind. I traced its edges with my fingertips and then stepped back to get a broader view. It was in the shape of a Grammy award, I thought. The moment I realized what it was, light began emanating through the cracks and the shape began to move out of its place in the wall and the ground shook violently.

Suddenly, the divine voice spoke to me, and this time the group heard it too. "You've toiled in the background for so long... Now comes light. Heal through song," it said.

The light got brighter. It covered me. "Go now. This is your 'out'..." the voice instructed.

I didn't know where I was going. But I followed the light and walked through the wall. The group followed. We got out. Destination unknown; but by golly...we got out.


10.13.10 
As a means of rewarding our efforts & artistic achievements as native Houstonians who positively represented the essence of Space City, the city of Houston and NASA joined forces and invited me and the fellas on a trip to accompany its astronauts to the moon. We had to endure a couple of weeks of training in preparation for our adventure.

Fast forward to that fateful day. We boarded the space shuttle, doubling over in nervous excitement. The big guy was sweating. The other tried to look composed to conceal anxiety. I worried mostly about the fact that we were physically going to be OFF THE PLANET and the sun would be back at home... back on that blue ball that would fade into the distance... back on the earth we'd always known...without me.

The countdown was already underway, and I hadn't noticed with my mind focused so intensely on that last thought. There was a huge rumbling as lift off began. No sooner than we exited the earth's atmosphere did something hit the space ship! The fury of the slam tossed us about like rag dolls and when we regained composure, me and the fellas looked wide-eyed. We all panicked.

"Oh sh*t, we're gonna die! I knew we shouldn't have done this!" one of them yelled. (I'm not at liberty to say which one) . . .Although this sentiment was the general consensus among the three of us, he blurted it out first.  lol!

"How do we contact earth?! I need to call my baby! If this is what it's gonna be, I can't go out without saying goodbye to him." I said, in a voice of helpless resignation. There was nothing any of us could have done to help ourselves in the middle of nowhere, literally. So optimism was bull crap at this point. Or so we thought.

The crew leader communicated with the base in Houston, explaining what had happened. Then he came to explain it to us. He reassured us that this is experienced sometimes in space flight. We had simply encountered a small scattered meteor shower. A tiny meteorite had nicked the ship, but caused no real damage. We would all be fine.

The trip continued. The ride was bumpy at certain points. We laughed at ourselves for freaking out.

We made it to the moon and back perfectly in tact.


- kj

No comments:

Post a Comment