Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dream Log Entry: 10.14.10 "I Ain't Afraid'a No Ghost..."







While flipping channels, I came across a talk show that struck me as odd.  Can't recall what they were discussing, but I settled on the station. 

The man and woman on-screen seemed to be speaking directly to me. Whatever they were saying, they were surprised that I understood them. 

I inched closer to the television set, and the woman whispered to the man, "Look...I told you she can see us. She has the eyes."

I thought my ears were deceiving me. She couldn't have said that. She couldn't possibly be watching me as I watched them. 

 They both seemed shocked with a slight hint of relief. I didn't understand why yet. But I would soon. Very soon. 

"Tell the others," the man instructed her. She straightened her posture, adjusted her shirt collar and brushed imaginary lint off of her sleeves.  Then she began. 

"To all of you that can hear me... We found her. She knows...and she can sense us. Go to her." she announced. I was confused, but I shrugged it off. They went off air. I cut off the t.v. and laid down on the bed. 

Suddenly, I felt movement in the empty bed space next to me. I looked over to find the sheets moving and the bed sinking in slightly as if someone had just climbed in with me. I thought I could faintly make out an outline of someone sitting upright peering down at me. I tried to swallow my fear. 

He . . . she. . . it? signaled to another shadow of a person standing at the foot of the bed and remarked, "What they said was true. She really can sense us." 

And with that, a large hoard of them started walking through the doorway of my bedroom and they gathered around my bed to stare at me. I heard one of them say, "I didn't think they could sense us....but this one can..."  They all marveled at the fact. 

When one of them reached out and gently touched my face, I jerked with fright into an upright sitting position both in the dream and in reality. 

*cue my alarm clock* 

- kj

No comments:

Post a Comment