Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lessons from Meditation - 10.31.10 "Baby Mama Earth"



I got lost in meditation earlier. My thoughts took me to who knows where.  I am learning to let them take the steering wheel sometimes without filtering them.

Some of the imagery used to be startling when I began practicing this calming art (meditation), and I would often find myself wanting to alter and censor what I saw. There was always this need to dress it up, make it more favorable or more to my liking.

As a result, I couldn't lose myself or embrace the stillness of it. Had to learn to "get lost in space..." (c) Radio Galaxy... lol.  Thus, I am slowly learning to let go of the desire for the misconception that is the controlling of one's thoughts. Instead, I'd just like to master them. That is, understand them somehow...Make peace with them and receive their offerings of wisdom and expression. Not wrestle them to the ground and subdue them with brute force.

Anyway, while there (wherever "there" was/is), the divine voice accompanied me. It seemed to be my tour guide, or teacher if you will, taking the lead as images flashed before me. As we floated in space, it showed me Earth from a distance...and then Earth became a small fragile egg in a vast womb.

An object hit it (a comet perhaps or a spacecraft traveling at unfathomable speed), and there was a trail of light behind it that looked like a tail from afar. There was a ripple effect - in effect, how water looks when a pebble is tossed into it. A vibration. The scene in its totality was reminiscent of a sperm making its way to a woman's egg for fertilization. And with that, the planet was pregnant with numerous life forms.

They began as tiny beings in the waters (amniotic fluid). Then, when they broke out of the water, they began to crawl, and then walk on land, until they were full fledged upright citizens - the you and me's of today. The babies had grown up right before me within a few seconds it seemed. Both amazing and bewildering to behold their gestation and development alongside the earth's.

It is a musical note whose vibration carries on, climbing level after level. Thoughts becoming real birthing more thoughts that become real, all eventualities running parallel to one another in a waltz of continuum. Creative creations creating as their Creator has - which makes them creators too. A cycle that serves as the epitome of being fruitful and multiplying oneself. Do you see?, the voice said.

"Yes. . . and I'd like to see more...I am open", I replied.

In due time, budding soul. In due time... and with that, our trip ended.

I came out of my trance...counting backwards slowly from 10 to 1, still poised lotus-style, feet and toes tingling with numbness now.  I wondered how long I'd been under.

I grabbed something to write with.


- kj

3 comments: